Samstag, 24. Februar 2007

Sketchy Internet Access

Hello and sus dei faithful readers of Fish Amok Blog!

Your dedicated blogger has been very busy on the road to Kep, Kampot and Bokor National Park (South East of Cambodia) -- then on to the Mondulkiri province. Over the past four days I made Sen Monorom, the provincial capital of Mondulkiri, my base to see the development of ecotourism and high end tourism in this region.


Mondulkiri is the biggest, but also least populated province in Cambodia. It is very remote in the North-East of the country bordering Vietnam. Today it is an ardous seven hour drive from Phnom Penh, but land speculation and tourism development is changing this tiny provincial capital (7.000 hab) day to day. Internet hasn't quite made it here yet, but I have no doubt next time I come here, I'll be able to hook up Wifi in one of the cafés that are opening up on a weekly basis.

But let me first tell you about my impressions down south.

Keine Kommentare: